Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1, 2014

Happy December everybody :)

I hope you are all enjoying the holiday season and the cold weather.  Haha I've decided that here in Punta Arenas summer doesn't really exist.  There are two temperatures here: cold and less cold.  Right now we're in the "less cold" time of year, but it for sure isn't summer.  OH.  And the wind is crazy.  Hahaha I've been blown off the sidewalk a few times, which is always entertaining.  It's always quite the adventure with the wind :)

Francisca and Sebastian (from the Mesías family) had their baptism this Saturday, and it was amazing.  The spirit was really strong, and they are incredible.  When we asked Francisca why she wanted to be baptized she said "No quiero que el Espíritu Santo solo toca mi corazón. Quiero que puedo tener esa buena sentimiento siempre." (sorry it's in Spanish).  Their family has been a miracle and they've really helped the ward to progress.

Earlier in the week Presidente Obeso and his wife visited us here in Punta Arenas.  They are SO funny.  Hermana Obeso was telling us about how we all need to exercise so we don't get fat, and then she turned and looked at Presidente and said with her eyes, "you too."  Later on they were joking around with all the missionaries and teasing us a bit too.  Haha, they were teasing me about my passport mishap and it was really funny.  They gave us a bunch of really awesome advice too.I love them so much and am so glad I'm blessed enough to have pretty much the best mission president ever.

This morning we found out cambios (transfers).  I'm going to stay here in Punta Arenas and Hermana Bretón is getting transfered to Puerto Montt.  My new companion will be Hermana Revelo from Colombia (not 100% positive if I remembered that right), and I've heard she's really awesome.  Woohoo!  It'll be a bummer saying bye to Hermana Bretón, but it helps to know my new companion is equally awesome.

Weekly tidbit about food:  I didn't get to celebrate Thanksgiving with Turkey, but I did get to celebrate with Pichanga.  The missionaries in our casa ordered a pichanga, but the people messed up our order and only gave us french fries, so they gave us a Pichanga for free.  Woohoo!  The only thing better than pichanga is pichanga for free haha :)

Until next time,

Hermana Coombs

No comments:

Post a Comment