Thursday, August 28, 2014

August 28, 2014

Same old same old this week. I did play some ping-pong and foosball to mix things up during gym time, but volleyball is still the best (especially on the sand courts).

Well, some of my really good friends from my zone left on Monday for their missions, which was pretty triste.  I'm actually super jealous because as much as I love it here in the CCM I really want to be in Chile.  Less than 2 weeks left!

Variety is the spice of life, so to add some spice to life here at the CCM some of the Elders in my district and I have started competitions to see who can slide the farthest down the hallway by our class.  Hermana Coombs - infiniti. Elders - 0.  We did have one Elder who tried it and he fell and broke his collar bone... just kidding, no one's gotten hurt.

The plague round two hit the CCM and it did some more damage than last time.  One of the girls in mi casa is going home because she got so sick, and one of the elders in her district has been throwing up for fifteen days straight, so he's going home too.  It's super sad and they're both really bummed, but getting healthy is way more important.  Once again, shout out to Mom and Dad for my immune system.  It's holding up remarkably well.

We made some new friends in the comedor! Hna. AguiƱiga is from Mexico and her companion Hna. Galagua is from Peru.  They are both super funny and they're helping us with our Spanish.  It still needs a ton of work, but we can talk to them and have pretty normal conversations without too many problems.

Other than that, everything else here is pretty much the same.  I love you all and hope you're loving life!

Stay sweet,
Hermana Coombs



No comments:

Post a Comment