Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August 3, 2015

Hola, buena semana a todos!

To start out, this week we ate lunch with the Famila Rojas and I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time :D  They told the story of when their son finished the mission and I was going to tell it, but it wouldn't be funny in email, so you can all just imagine a funny story,
haha.  But now I have new fears that when I finish my mission my flight home will get canceled for snow storms or something like that because Chicago is crazy.  but the good news is I still don't have to worry about that for lots of time :)

Later in the week we had Zone Conference with the missionaries in the Puerto Montt area with President Obeso and his wife, and it was incredible!  Something I really liked was when he talked about our prayers, especially the ones when we ask for help.  In the Book of
Mormon when the Brother of Jared built the boats to cross the oceans, he realized that they didn't have any light, and he got a little melancholy and said, "O Lord, behold I have done even as thou hast commanded me; and I have prepared the vessels for my people, and
behold there is no light in them. Behold, O Lord, wilt thou suffer that we shall cross this great water in darkness? And the Lord said unto the brother of Jared: What will ye that I
should do that ye may have light in your vessels?" (Ether 2:22-23). Basically, the Lord knows our problems. He knew the Brother of Jared didn't have light in the boats, but many times we have to exercise our faith to ask specifically for the things we need.  For example if we need help on a test we can ask that we'll be able to remember the things we've studied.  Or if we want to share the gospel with a neighbor we can ask specifically in our prayers that we can have the opportunity to talk with our neighbor.  Don't know if that makes as much sence as it makes in my head, but I hope you get the idea. Specific prayers receive specific answers, and the Lord is always willing to help us.


This week we also had intercambios, and I got to be a missionary in Puerto Montt for a day with Hna Dávila from Argentina.  It was super fun and I learned a ton.  We got to talk with an investigator named Gina, and WOW, she is incredible.  She's had to pass through a lot of
hard things, but she said that she was thinking about everything the sister missionaries had been teaching her since December, and she's decided to read the Book of Mormon to find out if this is all true or not.  The Book of Mormon is really the evidence that everything we
share as missionaries is true, and when we read it for ourselves and not others, we'll find our own testimony.  I'd read the Book of Mormon a lot of times in my life, but it was always for others, not really because I wanted to read it and find out if it was true, but the very
first time I started to read and study it for me, and not for others, it changed my life.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that this really is the The Church of Jesus Christ on the earth once more. The moment I knew it was true is something I'll never forget, and I
want everyone to be able to feel the happiness I could feel in that moment.  If you don't have your own personal testimony of the Book of Mormon I want to invite you to start reading it for yourself.  The moment will come when you'll receive your answer, and it will be
incredible.

I love you all so much and hope that you all have an awesome week!  Stay sweet!

Con cariño,
Hermana Coombs

Someone told us we were pretty
With some of the missionaries in my group celebrating our one year mark at Zone Conference

Paseo con las hermanas

No comments:

Post a Comment