Wednesday, August 12, 2015

August 20, 2015

Ok, this week I finally decided to take notes about what happened in the week so I could fill you in on some of the things that are happening in my life.  I always mean to do it but I usually forget, and then I stress to remember details, and in the end I'm never actually sure what it is that I say to you all, haha.  But it's all good. Ya live and ya learn :)

I'll start out with the sad news..... we found out cambios and Hermana Findlay is headed to Osorno :'(  It's been super fun with her and I'm going to miss her.  I'll be staying in Frutillar, and this is the info I know about my new companion:
- se llama Hermana Barrios
- she's Chilean
- I'm going to be her first companion in the mission
I'm super excited to get to know her :)  It should be a ton of fun!

On top of all that exciting news here are some of the other things that happened this week:
- well this is actually from last week, but we saw a dog EXACTLY THE SAME as professor Lupin in werewolf form.  We got out of there lickity split because no we didn't want to be attacked by a werewolf, not today (or that day for that matter)
- someone told me my accent is a cool mix of central america with spain.  Not sure how that happened, but it's cool I guess
- spent an afternoon in Llanquihue with some other missionaries, spreading the gospel with everyone, woohoo!
- my hair was making me crazy because it was toooooooooooooooooooo long, so one day in the morning Hermana Findlay cut my hair, haha, it was pretty funny :)
- we played fruit ninja for 2 seconds with the apple of hermana Findlay and my umbrella, and I sliced it in two
- we saw lots of miracles during the week, especially yesterday when we had an appointment with a convert.  We needed someone to go with us because he lives alone (for this week only while his wife is in Santiago for work), and we couldn't find anyone who could help us out.  Then, very last min, a member and his wife pulled up in their car when we were looking for a collectivo/taxi and they not only drove us where we needed to go, but joined us for the appointment.  It may not sound like a super big miracle, but to us it was a MIRACLE.  

And this week I also found a quote that I really liked, so I hope you all like it too :)
"Do not expect to become perfect at once. If you do, you will be disappointed. Be better today than you were yesterday, and be better tomorrow than you are today." -Lorenzo Snow

Keep working hard and enjoying every day.  If you go a day without laughing it's a day wasted, so laugh, haha.  

Love you all lots!

Stay sweet,

Hermana Coombs

It rained a lot

But we were still happy.

Sometimes I walk around like a rainbow, haha

From when we visited Llanquihue

No comments:

Post a Comment