Monday, July 6, 2015

July 6, 2015

Happy 4th of July to all my American buddies :)

Not to be a traitor to my country or anything, but I spent the 4th of July celebrating Chile haha.  Our mission president gave us permission to watch la Copa America finals, Chile vs. Argentina, and it was the best!  Fue lo máximo!!  I was almost as happy as a four year old during Christmas, especially when Chile won.  WOOHOO!! Vamos, vamos Chilenos!  I can only imagine what the celebrating was like in Santiago because Frutillar is pretty calm, but EVERYONE ran out of their houses and started driving around in the streets with cars full of people and giant Chilean flags, and everyone was using the car horn.  Haha, it was a pretty cool vibe.  We had to go to our house to avoid all the commotion, but the celebration lasted for a super long time.

But yeah, Frutillar is super pretty and our area is huge because they combined the area of the hermanas with the area of the elders like they are doing in my last area.  We have a ton of work to do getting to know everyone, but it's fun.  The branch is awesome and the members have been helping us out a ton.  Hermana Findlay is super cool.  A little different being with a gringa after so much time, but it's fun :)  I'm realizing that I lost a lot of my inner gringa.  I guess for now I'm floating in a weird limbo between gringa and latina because I'm not really either.  We're super excited to work hard and to help everyone we can here in Frutillar.

Hope you all have an awesome week!

Con cariño,

Hermana Coombs



No comments:

Post a Comment