Saturday, July 18, 2015

July 14, 2015

First off, sorry I didn't write yesterday, our emails weren't working,
but never fear, a day later and here I am :)  Woohoo :)

First things first, IT SNOWED!!  It was super pretty and Hna Findlay
and I were super happy singing Christmas songs, but the snow only
lasted for a short time because it started to rain and all the snow
disappeared.  *sigh* But it was fun while it lasted :)

This week there was a sudden death of a member's family member, and
I'm so grateful for the knowledge this gospel gives us that the
families can be together forever.  We might experience a separation
for a time, but we'll be able to be with our family members once
again.  It was incredible the feeling of peace we could feel in the
viewing and the funeral.  The spirit was so strong and more than a
sadness there was a tranquility that this wouldn't be the end.

This gospel gives us an eternal perspective, and I know that we can be
with our families forever.

And here's a quote I found this week that I liked:
"I learned that adversity is a part of Heavenly Father’s plan for us.
If we look for the good and not the bad, we can overcome adversity,
become a better person, and let the experience strengthen our
testimony. You can see good all around you if you learn to look for
it. One way you can learn to recognize blessings is by making it a
habit each night to count the good things you saw that day." - Dieter
F. Uchtdorf

Love you all lots!  Have an awesome week!

Con amor,
Hermana Coombs

No comments:

Post a Comment