Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 8, 2015

"This isn't missionary work. This is missionary fun." - Neil L. Andersen 

This week I feel like this quote really applied.  Even though we can feel scared sometimes to talk about religion or share our beliefs, it's fun haha.  We don't have to be pushy or arrogant, but when the people can understand that we're sharing because it's something important to us it shows that we care about them.  If they don't want to learn more we'll still be their friends and we won't treat them any differently because it's their choice, and everyone is entitled to use their agency.

We've been sharing the restored gospel with a lot of people, and we've been having a ton of fun :D  The members here have helped us out a ton this week by accompaning us to visit investigators, members who are less active, and sometimes to help us contact new people.  It's been awesome!  We keep working hard and laughing hard too.  Haha, there have been a few times when we've been laughing so hard that we can't do anything for a few minutes, but then we work twice as hard to regain those minutes :)

Some of the things that happened this week:
-Connor had his 22nd birthday! Love you bro!
-We were with a member one day and we had to run away from a drunk guy who started to chase us!  Haha, but it was all good in the end and we haven't seen him since 
-My umbrela is on it's death bed, but until it dies completely I'll keep using it
-Hna Calderas may or may not have cut her had with our small ax one morning.  Oops.  But it was only a small cut and I've banned her from cutting wood, so it won't happen again
-I broke an investigators fence.  Double oops. I didn't know I had so much strength.  The good news is we helped her fix her fence and it's as good as new :)  

If you haven't had the chance to meet with missionaries before I'd like to invite each and every one of you to get to know what it is that we believe as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I know it's true, but you don't have to trust in my words; find out for yourself.
"If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God or whether I speak of myself." - John 7:17

Love you all lots!

Love,

Hermana Coombs

No comments:

Post a Comment