Monday, January 25, 2016

January 25, 2016 -- final post

Well, here it goes.  The last email of the mission.  That’s weird.  Really though, the mission has just been the best.  I’ve laughed so hard (for real though so hard), and cried a few times, and been frustrated with Spanish until I found out how to speak it, and felt so lucky to meet so many really truly incredible people.  It’s been the greatest thing ever, and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t going to miss it.  But all good things must come to an end because there are other adventures out there.

For those of you who’ve been reading my emails every week, thanks for hanging with me, haha, even when I didn’t write a few weeks, or wrote close to nothing.  Just know that it’s been fun trying to keep you filled in on everything I’ve been doing, even if I couldn’t always remember what it was :)

You know what the coolest thing of my mission has been?  Becoming really truly converted to the gospel and learning to trust wholly and completely on the Lord.  You learn really fast in missionary work that you just can’t do it without his help.  It’s been a humbling experience that’s brought me much closer to him, and it’s helped my testimony grow light-years.  That to me is awesome! :)

A year and a half compared to a life time really isn’t anything if you think about it, but I’m 100% sure that this year and a half is going to help me for the rest of forever (bad grammar I know, sorry).

For those of you reading this who are members, let me share with you, once again, one of my favorite scriptures. It’s Alma 37:6, and it says, “Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.”  Do the small and simple things.  Read you scriptures…daily.  Say your prayers…daily.  Go to church and to the temple.  All that good stuff makes the big difference.

To those who aren’t members, I share the words of the prophet Moroni when he said, “And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.  And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.”  Find out for yourselves if this is all true or not.

And to everyone, I love you guys.  You’re all great, and I’m excited to see you again :)

As a representative of Jesus Christ I leave you all with the invitation to come unto Him.  Come unto to Him with fullness of heart, in your actions, words, and thoughts.  Come unto Him, and let him make you whole.  Let him make of you the person you can never become on your own.  I love this gospel and I know it’s true.  I know that Jesus Christ really lived, suffered, died, and lives again for each and every one of us.  I testify that he is the Savior and Redeemer of the world and that he leads and guides His church today.  I love this gospel and I know it’s true.  And I share this testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen .


Hermana Coombs

No comments:

Post a Comment