Monday, September 14, 2015

September 14, 2015

Hey guys :) So, to give you a quick run down of the week, I think I love the month of September.  The chileans are all preparing for their independance day the 18th, so almost every house has a flag put up every day, the people are giving us lots of food that is typical here for the 18th.  Basically lots of alfajores, empanadas, and happiness :)  

Our investigator Gloria is really excited to invite her family to her baptism and to keep learning more, but her daughter has been in the hospital in Puerto Montt this week, and Gloria is taking care of her daughter, so we haven’t been able to meet up with her as much as we’ve liked to.  It’s been really hard for her with her daughter in the hospital, but she’s keeping up a positive attitude.

This week the members really raised the bar and helped out a TON with missionary work.  They invited their friends to meet with us, invited investigators to their house for family home evenings, they went with us to visit investigators, less actives, and knocked a few doors with us.  It’s really amazing what can happen with missionary work when the members participate actively. 

Haha, you’ll probably laugh, but in the mornings when I eat breakfast I’m trying to learn some Portugues, so I listen to church movies in Portugues, haha :)  It’s pretty cool, but I think I’ll have to practice a lot more before anything comes of it.

I’m sure other things have happened, but my memory is failing me. Oops. ¿Qué vamos a hacer?

Keep being the best!  Celebrate the 18 de Septiembre :)

Con amor,

Hermana Coombs


Do you think they can see my name tag?

With a baby cow . . . , moooo!



The Zone

Walking the "tracks"



Where I live

No comments:

Post a Comment